Technology advances quickly and website design trends are no different. Design elements and website features that were once modern and innovative may have become outdated and overused in recent years. That’s why it’s important to stay up-to-date on the latest trends and technologies to ensure that your website looks great and performs well.
At Bowtie NYC, we are always on the lookout for new website design trends that can help our clients stand out from the competition. We have compiled a list of 10 new website design trends that are expected to be popular in 2023 and how our team can help you build them.
- Parallax Scrolling: Parallax scrolling is a popular web effect that can add a sense of depth to a page. It is most often used in full-width applications along with images, videos, or textures that add a 3D-like experience as the user scrolls.
- Website Load Time and Page Speed: Quick loading times are essential for websites that want to rank well and convert better. Studies show that more than half of internet browsers expect a website to load fast and no more than two seconds after clicking a link.
- Animated Cursors: This website design trend is delighting users with its unexpected subtlety. By modifying the form of the cursor or by adding cursor-triggered animations, visitors can have fun interacting with different web elements.
- Smart Content Loading: Websites should consider how implementing lazy loading or infinite scroll might help them outrank or outperform their competition. These features can help improve the user experience for all website visitors.
- Geolocation & Browser-Based Content: Custom content based on past user behavior or location can increase conversion. For example, a directory website might weigh Italian restaurants higher in search results if the user has reviewed or saved Italian restaurants in the past.
- Clean CSS: Clean CSS is a web design trend that is becoming increasingly popular. It focuses on keeping code clean and organized to make it easier to maintain and debug. It also ensures that the website is optimized for speed.
- Integrated CRM: Customer relationship management (CRM) software can help businesses track customer interactions and streamline processes. Integrating a CRM into the website makes it easier for businesses to manage their customer.